The Tyrells have held dominion over The Reach since Aegon the Conqueror raised them up from their status as stewards after destroying the Gardener line at the Field of Fire. The Tyrells have proven to be just rulers and The Reach has continued to prosper under their dominion. Of course, ruling over a region that was prosperous to begin with makes the task that much simpler, as some of The Reach’s other houses would likely point out. The current ruling members of House Tyrell have taken their family motto very much to heart. Not satisfied with simply The Reach, the Tyrells hope they can grow stronger by intermarrying into the other great houses.
- Lord Mace Tyrell – Lord of Highgarden, Warden of The South, Defender of The Marches and High Marshal of The Reach.
- Lady Olenna Tyrell – Mother to Mace Tyrell, known as The Queen of Thorns.
- Lady Alerie Tyrell – Wife to Mace Tyrell.
- Willas Tyrell – Firstborn son of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Tyrell. Heir to Highgarden. Crippled by Oberyn Martell.
- Ser Garlan Tyrell – Second son of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Tyrell. Known as Garland the Gallant.
- Ser Loras Tyrell – Third son of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Tyrell. Known as The Knight of Flowers.
- Margaery Tyrell – Fourth child and only daughter of Mace Tyrell and Alerie Tyrell.